Dram Shop Claims

Injured By a Drunk Driver

If you have been injured by a drunk driver, you may have a dram shop claim against the establishment that sold or provided alcohol to the drunk driver. Connecticut makes sellers liable if they sell alcoholic beverages to an intoxicated person who injures a person or property because of the intoxication. Sellers include bars, taverns, restaurants, nightclubs and other establishments that serve alcohol.Injured By Drunk Driver, Connecticut Dram Shop Claim Lawyer

Give us a call at (860) 667-0839 to discuss your case with a member of our firm. >>>

Under Connecticut statutory law, the maximum an injured person can recover is $250,000 for injuries to a single person and $250,000 in aggregate for injuries to more than one person. The law requires that the injured person give notice to the seller within 120 days from the date of the incident. This 120 day notice is absolutely critical to meet. If notice is not given within 120 days, the injured person loses the right to bring a Dram Shop action against the seller. Furthermore, the notice must contain specific information that meets the criteria set forth in the statute. If the notice does not contain the necessary information it may be fatally defective and the Dram Shop claim will be barred. The lawsuit must be brought within one year.

Don’t Wait to Contact a CT Personal Injury Lawyer Today to Discuss Your Claim

The notice requirements and strict time deadlines contained within the Dram Shop Act provide a powerful example of why contacting an attorney immediately after being seriously injured is so important. It allows our attorneys to preserve all your legal rights in order to maximize your financial recovery.