Injured by Drunk Driver

If you have been injured by a drunk driver, you have legal claims against the drunk driver including a recklessness driving claim. You may also have a dram shop claim against the establishment that sold or provided alcohol to the drunk driver. Connecticut makes sellers liable if they sell alcoholic beverages to an intoxicated person who injures a person or property because of the intoxication. Sellers include bars, taverns, restaurants, nightclubs and other establishments that serve alcohol.

Give us a call at (860) 667-0839 to discuss your case with a member of our firm. >>>

Under Connecticut statutory law, the maximum an injured person can recover is $250,000 for injuries to a single person and $250,000 in aggregate for injuries to more than one person. The law requires that the injured person give notice to the seller within 120 days from the date of the incident. This 120 day notice is absolutely critical to meet. If notice is not given within 120 days, the injured person loses the right to bring a Dram Shop action against the seller. Furthermore, the notice must contain specific information that meets the criteria set forth in the statute. If the notice does not contain the necessary information it may be fatally defective and the Dram Shop claim will be barred. The lawsuit must be brought within one year.

Your Professional Personal Injury Lawyer in Connecticut

Contact Sabatini and Associates as soon as possible after you’ve been injured in an accident with a drunk driver. Our lawyers have over 44 years of experience bringing cases to court for residents across the State. Let our attorneys handle the paperwork while you get back on your feet.

Last updated by Attorney on .