Metal-on-Metal hip replacement manufacturers are being subjected to lawsuits from patients who suffered serious complications from the hip replacement medical devices. The main hip devices that are subject to the product liability litigation are:
- Johnson & Johnson/DePuy: ASR Total Hip Replacement and ASR Resurfacing System Hip (Recalled on August 24, 2010)
- Johnson & Johnson/DePuy: Pinnacle metal-on-metal hip
- Zimmer: Durom Cup Hip
- Stryker: Rejuvenate and ABG II Stems (Recalled on July 4, 2012)
- Biomet: M2a and 38 Diameter Hips
- Wright: (a) Conserve, (b) Dynasty, (c) Lineage, and (d) Profemor (Femor Fracture) Hips
- Smith and Nephew: R3 Liner Hips (Recalled on June 1, 2012)
Metal-on-Metal hip replacement patients have reported problems following the implant surgery including: pain, swelling, and problems with walking. In addition, metal debris spreading in the hip area has been reported due to the metal on metal friction involved from the metal components moving together. In many cases, the complications have required patients to undergo revision surgery.
Our Connecticut metal-on-metal hip implant lawyers are reviewing cases involving patients who have had any of the hip implant devices listed above and have undergone revision surgery or are experiencing hip pain, swelling, and/or problems with walking. Call Attorney James Sabatini at 860-667-0839 to discuss your case.